Thursday 14 June 2012

MEET SANDHIANA SEETARAM.

Hello lovely  kindred souls:-)
As I am writing this post, It is 8:05 pm but the  sunshine is still penetrating through my window.Wonderful isn't it?
Anyway,
I'm very exciting to share  with you this post.
Leena who is my very good friend and my former classmate introduced me to this beautiful Upcoming designer Sandhiana.It was just coincidence that I found the pictures in her  Facebook Timeline (as she was among the models) and I really wanted to know the person who is behind this collection.Glad that Leena was so willing to connect  me to her .
So, ladies and Gentlemen here she is: Sandhianaaa (Applause! Applause!)

Basically, Sandhiana is third year student, majoring in Textile and Fashion Design at the University of Mauritius.So, as part of Dissertation requirements ,Sandhiana had to reuse old garments for her collection which I find to be the coolest requirement ever.


Global culture is very exciting and this lady has a special touch for Indian wear.Therefore, being inspired by RANGOLI (decorative motifs for any Indian festivity), she  interwined the Rangoli and reused Sarees (traditional wear for India ladies) to remake the clothes.She also did some rough  sketches , patchwork  and picked a Bohemian style to give the collection meaningful aspect. 

The pieces are very colourful and beautiful considering that she has to reuse old sarees to make them, she also still in learning process and more amazing she was allocated only three months to complete the collection.

Sandhiana doesn't have a brand yet nor someone who works for her but is considering to have her brand in the future.However, If are you really interested , she can make something fancy for you.Hence, contact her through khusheer0826@yahoo.com


* We Wish you all the best in your career Lovely* 


1 comment:

Thank you for joining us.